Through our experience at Martins Removal Services, we understand that packing up glassware and crockery can be a daunting task. These items are delicate and require careful handling to avoid damage. Here are some tips to help you pack your glassware and crockery safely and efficiently:
1. Gather your packing supplies: You will need plenty of packing paper, bubble wrap, sturdy boxes, packing tape, and a marker.
2. Wrap each item individually: Take each piece of glassware or crockery and wrap it in several layers of packing paper or bubble wrap. Be sure to tuck the paper or bubble wrap into any crevices or handles to provide extra padding. We recommend using some paper as padding at the bottom of each box.
3. Pack items vertically: When packing your items into the box, it’s best to place them vertically rather than horizontally. This will help prevent them from sliding around during transit.
4. Separate layers with paper: To prevent your items from touching and potentially scratching or chipping each other, place a layer of scrunched paper between each row of items.
5. Fill any gaps: Once you have packed all your items into the box, use crumpled packing paper or bubble wrap to fill any gaps. This will help prevent items from shifting during transit.
6. Label the box: Clearly label the box as “fragile” and indicate which end is up. Also, be sure to label the contents of the box so that you know what’s inside!
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your glassware and crockery arrive at their destination safely and in one piece.